FIRST AID COURSE
Mental Health First Aid Training Course
Ideal for: Staff at every level
Length: Two days
Mental Health First Aid Course Cost: £325 per person
This two-day course qualifies participants in Mental Health First Aid.
Mental Health First Aiders have:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental illnesses
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their mental health by guiding them to further support. Signposting includes: self-help resources, HR/employer, the NHS, or a mix
What to expect from the Mental Health First Aid Course
This two-day MHFA course will cover:
- Mental Health First Aid for a range of situations and action-planning for using MHFA.
- The basics of mental health conditions such as anxiety, depression, personality disorders, eating disorders, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and psychosis. Risk factors, symptoms and treatment options are all explored.
- In-depth workplace wellness information and MHFA skills training for the workplace.
- Key information about mental health stigma and discrimination. Exploration of how it can present and how to combat it.
- Key suicide figures, as well as first aid for suicidal crises and traumatic events.
- Self-harming behaviours and an understanding of crisis intervention.
- Self-care techniques and other mental health skills such as non-judgemental listening.
- Alcohol, drugs and how they impact mental health.
Through group activities, presentations and discussions, each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We can deliver training to a maximum of 16 people per course. Small groups mean the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Why Mental Health First Aid Training is Important
This Mental Health First Aid two-day course enables staff to become confident Mental Health First Aiders. Trained instructors can action correct, timely support to fellow colleagues.
Staff suffering from mental health issues need to receive the correct advice and support. While medical professionals can be the first step, being positively guided toward that first step is imperative.
This is why it’s beneficial to have staff trained in identifying and supporting mental health issues in the workplace. Mental Health First Aid training equips staff with training and knowledge to aid their own wellbeing as well as others. A mentally healthy environment with a trained Mental Health First Aider can drastically improve workplace culture.
Upon completion of the Mental Health First Aid course everyone receives:
- An MHFA manual and workbook to keep and refer to whenever they need it
- A certificate to say they are a Mental Health First Aider
Mental Health First Aider FAQs
Is Mental Health First Aid a Qualification?
When you complete an accredited MHFA course, you will be qualified in Mental Health First Aid. Learners that complete our Mental Health First Aid courses will receive a Mental Health First Aid certificate. Additionally, they will receive a manual and workbook for additional reference.
What Does it Mean To Be a Mental Health First Aider?
Certified Mental Health First Aiders can be a valuable asset to companies. Mental Health First Aiders are able to assist employers and colleagues in recovery from and prevention of mental illness. Also, MHFAiders can encourage people to manage their stress levels and seek professional help when necessary.
What Do You Need To Be a Mental Health First Aider?
To undertake MHFA training, you just need a keen interest and drive to boost mental health awareness. You don’t need any previous mental health training or access to any resources. Our accredited courses will provide all the information you need. The only thing you need to do is enquire!
What Do You Do On a Mental Health First Aid Course?
Our accredited MHFA courses will provide a comprehensive understanding of the critical skills needed to offer effective Mental Health First Aid. On the course, you will study using a range of formats. These include group activities, presentations and discussions. You will also develop a core understanding of workplace mental health. Mental Health First Aiders can help to create a company culture that actively minimises stigma towards mental illness.
Do You Need a Mental Health First Aider In The Workplace?
Many of us are aware that a physical first aider has the knowledge to provide first response support for an accident. Similarly, Mental Health First Aiders play the role of providing advice and support to colleagues suffering from mental ill-health at work.
Workplace mental health issues can result in employees being absent from work or reduced productivity. This can often result in lost money to the company. Our MHFA courses provide employees, line managers, and employers with key knowledge needed to effectively support mental health at work. Making for a happier, healthier and more productive workforce
Mental Health First Aiders have the ability to recognise signs of stress and mental ill-health in individuals. MHFAiders can also implement interventions based on their learned mental health expertise.
Further to this, if employees are experiencing poor mental health, they can contact the Mental Health First Aider for support. Employees reaching out to MHFAiders can be confident the MHFAider has had sufficient training to help them understand symptoms associated with mental ill-health.
Mental Health First Aiders can signpost employees towards the right support. In addition, Mental Health First Aiders can arm individuals with a ‘resilience toolkit’ of mental health strategies and techniques to support their mental health.
Having a Mental Health First Aider in your workforce can help boost mental health awareness across your company. Mental Health First Aiders can also normalise conversations around mental health issues. Furthermore, Mental Health First Aiders can support working communities to approach mental health-related issues without stigma.
How Much Does a MHFA Course Cost?
Accredited MHFA courses are £325pp but for group costs, please contact us for a quote.
Check out our Mental Health First Aid Course Costs to find out more!