Mental Health First Aid is a vital education that provides unique training to be able to identify, support, and guide individuals struggling with mental health issues.
All Mental Health First Aid course costs incorporate the knowledge of experienced course tutors who are trained in being able to educate participants safely and sensitively.
In any MHFA course, participants learn life-saving skills and knowledge regarding mental ill-health and mental health conditions like anxiety, depression, eating disorders and schizophrenia.
Through the knowledge and skills bestowed upon participants in the course, individuals are able to deliver crucial mental health first aid before further professional medical treatment is available. This early intervention can be life-changing, and life-saving.
Similarly to physical first aid, the aims of any Mental Health First Aid training course are to:
Prevent further harm
Provide comfort and support
Although a qualified Mental Health First Aider is not able to diagnose or treat mental ill-health conditions such as anxiety or depression, they may be able to identify the initial symptoms as well as recognise warning signs and potential triggers of these common mental health issues. Mental Health First Aiders are also able to safely signpost an individual to the appropriate professional help, allowing them to begin making life-saving changes.
Whilst Mental Health First Aid courses do not teach an individual to be a qualified counsellor or therapist, they do empower individuals to have the confidence needed to react to and support a person suffering from mental ill-health. Mental Health First Aiders will learn factors that affect wellbeing, practical skills, and internationally recognised techniques to boost their own mental health and personal confidence.
Accredited MHFA training is designed to be for everyone, from every industry: From team leaders to employees, teachers, mentors, tutors, carers, and youth and social workers.
Mental Health First Aid training can increase employee productivity and help employees who suffer from mental health problems, decreasing both absenteeism and presenteeism in the workplace in a variety of ways. Employees who have been trained in Mental Health First Aid are more likely to recognise early signs of mental illness in both themselves and their colleagues, encouraging them to seek help when necessary.
These early interventions may reduce absenteeism by offering employees key tools, techniques, and self-help resources, helping companies save money in the long run.
MHFA training may also reduce presenteeism by making the workplace a mental health safe environment and promoting job satisfaction amongst workers.
Our mental health first aid courses and their costs are as follows:
|Course Name||Course Length||Cost PP||Max. People Per Group|
|Mental Health First Aid||Two Day Course||£300||16 people|
|Youth Mental Health First Aid||Two Day Course||£300||16 people|
|Mental Health First Aid Champions||One Day Course||£200||16 people|
|Mental Health First Aid Aware||Half Day Course||£125||25 people|
|Mental Health First Aid Refresher||Half Day Course||£125||25 people|
All our courses come with:
- Expert training, guidance and teaching on sensitive subjects
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and mental health conditions
- A comprehensive understanding of the factors and triggers that can affect mental health wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support an adult or young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
All participants will receive:
- An MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it
- A certificate to say they are certified in their chosen course
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health (Course dependent)
- A workbook that includes tools and frameworks to support individual mental health