Mental Health First Aid is a vital education that provides unique training to be able to identify, support and guide an individual suffering from mental ill-health.
All Mental Health First Aid course costs incorporate the knowledge of experienced course tutors who are trained in being able to educate participants safely and sensitively. In any mental health first aid course participants learn life-saving skills and knowledge regarding mental ill-health and mental health conditions like anxiety, depression and schizophrenia.
Through the knowledge and skills bestowed upon participants in the course, individuals are able to deliver crucial mental health first aid before further professional medical treatment is available. This intervention can sometimes be life-changing, and life-saving.
The aims of any mental health first aid course are to:
- Preserve life
- Prevent further harm
- Promote recovery
- Provide comfort and support
Although qualified Mental Health First Aiders are not able to diagnose or treat mental ill-health conditions such as anxiety or depression, they will be able to identify the initial symptoms as well as potential triggers. Mental Health First Aiders are also able to safely guide an individual to the appropriate further resource where professional treatment can then begin to make life-saving changes.
Whilst these mental health first aid courses do not teach an individual to be a qualified counsellor or therapist, they do empower individuals to have the confidence needed to react to and support a person suffering with mental ill-health.
Mental Health First Aid courses are designed to be for everyone: From team leaders, to employees, teachers, mentors, tutors, carers, and youth and social workers.
Our mental health first aid courses and their costs are as follows:
|Course Name||Course Length||Cost PP||Max. People Per Group|
|Mental Health First Aid||Two Day Course||£300||16 people|
|Youth Mental Health First Aid||Two Day Course||£300||16 people|
|Mental Health First Aid Champions||One Day Course||£200||16 people|
|Mental Health First Aid Aware||Half Day Course||£125||25 people|
|Mental Health First Aid Refresher||Half Day Course||£125||25 people|
All our courses come with:
- Expert training, guidance and teaching on sensitive subjects
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and mental health conditions
- A comprehensive understanding of the factors and triggers that can affect mental health wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support an adult or young person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
All participants will receive:
- An MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever they need it
- A certificate to say they are certified in their chosen course
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill health (Course dependent)
- A workbook that includes tools and frameworks to support individual mental health