Become a Mental Health First Aider
Mentally healthy environments enable and allow staff to become more engaged and productive. Providing MHFA Training in the workplace will provide your workforce with the knowledge and skills to understand and respond to common mental health issues. Become a Mental Health First Aider at work and you’ll be part of a network that offers a structure of support to your entire staff. MHFA Courses can be undertaken by any staff member in your business. Providing your staff with MHFA Training will help minimise the impact of mental ill-health on your workforce and ensure your workforce feels confident and supported at every level.
Both employers and their employees have a joint responsibility to protect and safeguard their mental wellbeing. Anyone in any organisation can suffer mental ill-health at work. Mental Health First Aid training benefits those working at all levels within an organisation and helps to create a culture of support and inclusivity.
Mental Health First Aid at work
By undertaking a MHFA Course (two days), you will have the skills and knowledge to become a Mental Health First Aider. On completion of the course, you will receive an MHFA certificate to confirm you are a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aid-trained teams can be healthier, more productive, and more resilient. With MHFA training in the workplace, team members work together to be mutually supportive and self-aware.
Benefits of MHFA in the workplace can include:
- Raised awareness of mental health issues in the workplace
- Happier employees who feel supported by colleagues and managers at all levels
- A positive workplace culture where staff can communicate effectively
- A workforce who can work without fear of stigma
- A more productive workforce
- Good staff retention rate
- Low rates of absenteeism and presenteeism
MHFA: the results
A 2018 study commissioned by the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health found:
- 91% of participants said their understanding of mental health in the workplace had increased after MHFA training
- 88% reported an increase in confidence around mental health issues after MHFA training
- 87% said more mental health conversations were happening at work since MHFA training
- 78% said that employees trained in MHFA were supporting colleagues
- 59% reported an increase in help-seeking behaviours after MHFA training
Create a mentally healthy workforce for your staff and managers with an MHFA Training Courses, today.